Define: Michangelina

My photo
I am both logical and imaginative. I have an apprehensive psychological mentality (aka "mind") or I'm possibly suffering with a psychological disorder that I am unaware of. My ego is nerdy/random; I often have deep inquisitions about the Universe. My Universe is quite abstruse but mostly harmless. If you pursue my friendship, give me chocolate. Statistically, I'm normal, but by my twisted logic, I have an incentive that cries: survival of the uniquest!

Sonnet II

My first sonnet was lonely, so I wrote another one to keep it company. This sonnet is about some of my intrinsic values. I am a very self-conscience person, and this reflects how I feel about myself most of the time. There is a hint of self-acceptance at the end much like Amanda Palmer's "In My Mind". It is a very uplifting song if you need to get out of a state of depression.

Sonnet II

From the beginning, I can remember,
There were flaws in me I wanted to change.
In the mirror, I saw my eyes burn ember.
My irises bloomed brown to green; twas strange.
There was a girl who smiled in the mirror--
We stood like twins, but she was no reflection
When I looked away, she grew much nearer,
But further from my need for perfection.
I could only see my limitations,
She desired nothing less than ideal.
I made impossible expectations,
She hated me not being surreal,
In the mirror world; one of us is trapped.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Both sonnets are beautiful and deep in meaning, but I like sonnet II better. It sound more human than sonnet I. It seems to have more personal feelings in it. I love it.

Stalkers