Define: Michangelina

My photo
I am both logical and imaginative. I have an apprehensive psychological mentality (aka "mind") or I'm possibly suffering with a psychological disorder that I am unaware of. My ego is nerdy/random; I often have deep inquisitions about the Universe. My Universe is quite abstruse but mostly harmless. If you pursue my friendship, give me chocolate. Statistically, I'm normal, but by my twisted logic, I have an incentive that cries: survival of the uniquest!

Cracked Film

This morning I wrote this poem. It's not perfect iambic pentameter... However, it is written in pentameter... I didn't truncate the poem either but I like it because it's simple.

Cracked Film
If I cannot dream in any other hue,
Then stretched upon my eyes sticks a blue film,
Therefore my cornea cracks and shatters
Because irises trick both the fake and true.

2 comments:

Koishii_Ookami said...

I'm going to comment because I feel like it. The poem is peculiar. The last line made the most sense to me while the rest was more of a confusing blur to be honest. I do like the oddity of it though. It's so you to create something as perplexing as this. lol.
(My vocab sucks! ugh.)

Michangelina said...

Yeah, I know it's confusing. Allow me to explain:

It's written like a hypothesis.
Look at the beginning of each line:
If, then, therefore, because...

This poem is a hypothesis about the psychology of human sight and how our brains are really entrapped into the darkness of our skulls.

Is perception skewed depending on the person? Does everyone see in the same color and light? How can we prove it's any different?

That's all it's really asking.

Stalkers