Define: Michangelina

My photo
I am both logical and imaginative. I have an apprehensive psychological mentality (aka "mind") or I'm possibly suffering with a psychological disorder that I am unaware of. My ego is nerdy/random; I often have deep inquisitions about the Universe. My Universe is quite abstruse but mostly harmless. If you pursue my friendship, give me chocolate. Statistically, I'm normal, but by my twisted logic, I have an incentive that cries: survival of the uniquest!

Autumn the Wanderer

My poetry block is slowly disintegrating. I should post something new eventually. I current have two unfinished poems titled, "Imaginary Rose" and "Artificiality". One of them is written on a napkin and the other is currently misplaced. How typical of me.

Tonight, I fell in love with the autumn moonlight and amber-scented breeze while I was walking to the library. Autumn is my favorite season because it's the most beautiful. I also love celebrating 中秋节 (Autumn Moon Festival). Something about the lit paper lanterns and delicious moon cakes remind me of Halloween. Just look at this beautiful photo: Lanterns.

I was also very inspired by this poem I found. It's written by Rauwolfia van Raaij:

Autumn the Wanderer

Dead leaves are all you left behind
To break beneath my feet,
I hate to see you leave this land
Now banished by defeat.

A wanderer you have become
A wounded creature gold,
You leave red blood and bits of soul
A pathway for the cold.

You stumble on the roads of life
Each year we meet again,
And passing by you take my hand
And touch my heart with pain.

Old memories come back to me
Of years before the war,
The days before you fought the cold 
And taught the winds to soar.

You were my friend, we danced each day
And laughed in storms of flame,
I heard you cry each starlit night
Until the winter came.

One morning when I called to you
You did not answer back,
I searched for you all through that day
Until the sky was black.

Then just as stars begun to rise
Upon a field of frost,
I found a puddle of your blood
And knew that you had lost.

1 comments:

Koishii_Ookami said...

So inspired. Then where's your poem? haha.

Anyway, that was a beautifully written poem. I didn't fully understand it, but that's quite alright.

Stalkers