Define: Michangelina

My photo
I am both logical and imaginative. I have an apprehensive psychological mentality (aka "mind") or I'm possibly suffering with a psychological disorder that I am unaware of. My ego is nerdy/random; I often have deep inquisitions about the Universe. My Universe is quite abstruse but mostly harmless. If you pursue my friendship, give me chocolate. Statistically, I'm normal, but by my twisted logic, I have an incentive that cries: survival of the uniquest!

Reborn from Ashes


Almost an entire year has gone by without any new posts.

Why?

During times of anger and depression, I used poetry as my outlet. It was a paper I could scratch to death with my pen, rip to pieces with my words, and if I didn’t burn it with my heart, it would get posted on this blog. Hence the term “scraps of poetry” was born. Sadly, some of my most admirable poems were burned and my memories of them are black as ashes.

From those ashes, I am inspired. Like a phoenix, I want to be reborn. I am currently enrolled in an Advanced English Composition class that is taking a modern approach on writing via blogs. So even though my life is at a much happier stage in my life, I am going to continue my creative writing. Besides, I don't have a choice if I want a good grade.

It’s going  to be a challenge to have to write a new poem almost every week, but I have a few ideas. I am also enrolled in a Shakespeare class this semester and iambic pentameter has been easier for me to write in. I plan on writing a sonnet for next week, my very first sonnet too.

Now I just have to wait. O creativity, creativity! Wherefore art thou creativity?

2 comments:

Koishii_Ookami said...

Yay! Finally some updates on this blog of yours! Took you long enough. :P

Unknown said...

I love your poems!! Have you tried writing short stories?! I think your short stories would be so poetic and flowery!

Stalkers